Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hindsight Is Always 20/20: Life Lesson #378

Yesterday someone, who was once incredibly nice to me died. I hadn't spoken to her in  years--9th grade I believe, though we did graduate together.  We were never close, but she did extend a friendly hand when I was new in school (8th grade). Not many kids, or people in general, would do that; but especially in middle school.

I never returned the favor. I never said thanks for your kindness. And maybe it would have never made a difference. But in hindsight, I would have liked her to know the impact she had one me and the character she showed when no one else would.

When people do something nice, say thank you and say it like you mean it. Even if it was years ago, let that person know. Make them feel appreciated. Sometimes that's all we need to keep going in this life. You may think it's awkward, but you have no idea how much it will mean to them and how flattering it is; even if they just brush it off.

And, oh yeah, we could all be a little kinder to begin with, I'm sure.

Peace&Love

No comments:

Post a Comment