Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nice People Are Awesome People: Nice vs. Actively Nice

Yeah, I'd say I'm a nice person, wouldn't you? I'm sure you're probably nice as well. But are we actively nice? "What the hell, nice is nice, right? What more do you want from me?" Well, I was thinking...and I believe it's not. "What's the difference?" Well here is a passing thought on the matter...

Its one thing to be nice when prompted, but to actively (and selflessly, for those few amazing people you bump into during your life) be nice is totally different...for example....

Someone, obviously a little confused, asks for directions while you're strolling through the park or campus. You politely give them directions best you can, sending them on their way. But you know, some people are a little hesitant to ask for help or even just walk up to a random stranger. (Like myself, unless I feel friendly vibes from someone.)  Yet, you can tell that that person is obviously uncomfortable or lost. An actively nice person would approach this baffled soul to see if everything is alright and offer help. See the difference?

Does this even make sense? I really hope it does, and helps us think how we can better ourselves--thus bettering the world by simply offering a kind and helping hand. Think of the scenario above; I'm sure you've (just like me) been in a situation where you have no clue what to do or where to go, but don't ask for help.

Love&Peace

P.S. And if you haven't done so already, click on that little sticky note, "I'm Very Nice" for some awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment